Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Glow_Mouse -- Hope they are doing well. It's pretty scary stuff. Check in with us, let us know how yall are gettin on.
Blurple95 -- are all of our Texas and Florida peeps OK?
malti -- nice job GM
Glow_Mouse -- http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/notworthy.gif
Glow_Mouse -- I have restored several emoticons for use. They can be accessed as before during your posting. Click on them to add or add a " : " and the emoji name to display to save time.

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Heads up for Aspire owners, rusted rear bumper
Aspire94
 Posted: May 26 2017, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 360

Rep: none

Awards: None

I have a perfectly good 1994 Aspire, new gas tank last year, brakes and brake lines and gas lines. Well maintained. In Minnesota.

Now because the rear bumper had become so weak from rust what should have been a minor fender bender is now left the hatch door window shattered and the hatch door and frame bent pretty good....

The only silver lining is that if this had been a larger impact, well who knows the damage that may have occurred to passengers and other parts....

Drove it home, runs fine...

I know of a salvation yard that has a couple Aspires, but I get the feeling all Aspire hatch doors are not the same size.....anyone confirm either way?
PMEmail Poster
^
rickbz28
 Posted: May 26 2017, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Awesome Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 175

Rep: none

Awards: None

Glad you are ok.Those rear bumper bars rust pretty bad in the rust belt of America.I think about the consequences of getting rear ended all the time.All Aspire hatches are the same size 2 door or 4 door it doesn't matter.
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Maintenance and Repair | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll