Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
cjtech_007 -- o2 sensor
Okami -- Hope everyone is doing okay, and is having great holidays!
Glow_Mouse -- Hope they are doing well. It's pretty scary stuff. Check in with us, let us know how yall are gettin on.
Blurple95 -- are all of our Texas and Florida peeps OK?
malti -- nice job GM

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Driving an Aspire in 2017, Experiences
CometGSR
 Posted: May 18 2017, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Awards: 2

Love the color! http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/Glowmouse09/icon_horns2.gif
PMEmail Poster
^
Tdk420
 Posted: May 18 2017, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Very Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 585

Awards: None

Thanks

--------------------
Tdk420
PM
^
malti
 Posted: May 24 2017, 02:44 AM
Quote Post

Very Awesome Member

Member No.: 527

Nice pics TDK, I agree with Glow-mouse, that Spire is superb mate.
PM
^
harpon
 Posted: Sep 16 2017, 01:25 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 291

My silver 96 just completed another year since I thought it needed a new tranny, but turned out to be only the shifter falling through the floor and fixed with Window Weld about a year ago- and the last hurricane. It's just passed 125,000 and been my DD since 2002. Diana's death roughly marks the anniversary of my driving Festiva or Aspire- Got the first Festy that Fall of 97 and have driven nothing else since.

Had a bunch of stuff packed last weekend but had gone to bed at 8pm with Irma storming up the west side of Florida. At midnight I awoke to see the satellite showing that it had swept east and was coming straight up the peninsula toward me and Jacksonville. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/picard_90b54.png

Since Hurricanes make me nervous - I threw stuff in the car and then headed west on I 10 to I 75 and eventually had gotten up to Macon Ga by the next morning- 270 miles away and INLAND.

NO TRAFFIC and rather hairy out when I started- heavy wind and rain and several times past large tree debris in the right lane, Found more gas above Valdosta and knew I could get back then. The 21 year old Aspire performed admirably, and back again the next day. Luckily only tree stuff down in yard and no trees fallen on the house- the power was out a couple of days and my DSL a day or two more.

Anyway- Something Different! http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/likemoticon.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sKXs0TVSXI
This is where I usually go to Starbucks several miles away, but fortunately on higher ground here.
PM
^
jbibb1
 Posted: Sep 16 2017, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Approved Supplier

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11

As far as people asking about one of my cars, about once a month someone will stop me somewhere and tell me about how they used to own an Aspire or a festy - they usually ask to make sure it is an Aspire first - then tell me that it's one of the nicest ones they've ever seen - LOVE that part. I had one guy park next to me at Walmart, walk over to me and he says "WOW, every time I see an Aspire, it's a total pile (of ###### I assume) but this one, this one is really nice". I love it when people come up and talk to be about it.

I always end these conversations the same way - I tell them where I live or give them my phone number and say, "If you ever decide to get rid of yours, let me know, I'll probably be interested"

--------------------
Aint no sh*t like free sh*t
PMEmail Poster
^
malti
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Very Awesome Member

Member No.: 527

Oh, sure glad all is well at your side Harpon, I seen the news on TV and the damage done by Irna was terrible.
PM
^
Okami
 Posted: Dec 6 2017, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Very Advanced Member

Member No.: 499

Breakout Champion!

Unfortunately I haven't driven my Aspire much in 2017. 2016 Marked the death of the SE in April followed by someone hitting the front of my 97 at a stop sign in December. I used to get questions. Most people ask me if it's a Geo.

Just picked up a 94 4 door for my girlfriend though. Paid 500 and it just needed a clutch. I'll post some pics when I figure out what site to use now. She's super excited. My love for Aspires has rubbed off on her over the years I guess. She's actually the one that found the 4 door for sale on Craigslist. We're always on the lookout for Aspires for sale around us. Right now I'm waiting on the price to drop on 2 very nice Aspires that are for sale in the Austin area. Both of them are currently priced above $1500 and as much as I love Aspires I just can't pay that much for one unless it's an SE.

Engine parts are easy to come by, electronics slightly harder, and body parts impossible. Luckily I have one spare everything from my SE for now, plus I buy things as I see them on ebay. I think I have 3 sets of headlights now. Hahaha.

--------------------
'97 Aspire 3D
'94 Aspire SE R.I.P Unicorn
'87 Chevrolet R20 Suburban
'15 Chevrolet Sonic RS
PM
^
Glow_Mouse
 Posted: Dec 6 2017, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Aspire Rockstar

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 2

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/likemoticon.png

Excellent. I've seen more and more spires rolling around cities in Aus lately. it's great.
Good to see you back Okami and that's a pretty decent score. 500 wingwangs ain't
a bad deal either. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/bunnyd.gif

--------------------
Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
.:: 1997 Aspire ::. - Revived Project - Glowspire
.:: 1998 Aspire ::. - Current Project - The Red Bean

user posted image
www.FordAspire.com - The World's #1 resource for aspire/avella & 2nd Gen Festiva
"Why Do you own so many bodykit parts?"
"I like to change the look of my car like i change underpants....everyday!"

Glowmouse's 97' Glowspire Build
Glowmouse's 98' Red Bean Build
My DIY Wing Conversion How-To
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll