Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Blurple95 -- yo, Dustin!
dustinp -- yo what up homies :horns
malti -- Hi Wacky, glad to see you back
wackychocolatefactory -- i did, new posts in that thread don't appear, but replies in other threads works lol
Glow_Mouse -- yes that is strange try reposting it

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» New member with clutch problems
Mixon
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 654

Rep: none

Awards: None

I'm a proud owner of a $350 '94 aspire. I originally bought it just to have a fuel efficient beater instead of my diesel truck. Very quickly it became my go to primary transportation. I pulled the back seat out to fit my tools and its served me well. I had it for about 3 years in the coast range mountains of Oregon. I have used it as a grocery getting, backroad exploring, firewood harvesting, construction working romper loaded with tools. It never skipped a beat until I put her to the test on a 2600 mile test to Colorado and back. It started making a raspy/grinding noise from the trans. It would go away when I pushed the clutch in. I assumed it was the throw out bearing and tried to make it the rest of the way home. Thought it might make it home going down the highway in 5th, without much shifting. Well it didn't. I lost fifth gear and then fourth. I towed it the rest of the way. Now my question is for you aspire experts is...... Do you think I can just replace the clutch and throw out bearing and be good? Or did I do damage to the gears and will have to rebuild the whole trans?
PM
^
Glow_Mouse
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Aspire Rockstar

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 2

First welcome.

Unfortunately, when a tranny starts to lose the gears, it's a telltale sign that the
box has had its day. Time to replace it mate. Or do a rebuild if you have the tools,
knowledge and well...patience. tongue.gif

and as always http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/welcome.gif

--------------------
Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
.:: 1997 Aspire ::. - Revived Project - Glowspire
.:: 1998 Aspire ::. - Current Project - The Red Bean

user posted image
www.FordAspire.com - The World's #1 resource for aspire/avella & 2nd Gen Festiva
"Why Do you own so many bodykit parts?"
"I like to change the look of my car like i change underpants....everyday!"

Glowmouse's 97' Glowspire Build
Glowmouse's 98' Red Bean Build
My DIY Wing Conversion How-To
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Introduction Forum | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll