Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Glow_Mouse -- Hope they are doing well. It's pretty scary stuff. Check in with us, let us know how yall are gettin on.
Blurple95 -- are all of our Texas and Florida peeps OK?
malti -- nice job GM
Glow_Mouse -- http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/notworthy.gif
Glow_Mouse -- I have restored several emoticons for use. They can be accessed as before during your posting. Click on them to add or add a " : " and the emoji name to display to save time.

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Will Kia sophia bumper/grill fit aspire?....
Racespire95
 Posted: Oct 25 2017, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 632

Rep: none

Awards: None

As the title says i was curious if an kia sophia bumper /grill would fit on an aspire? ... A little background to this thought, i got a 1994 aspire with a cracked bumper i also got a 1996 parts car which has the redesigned grill & headlights so i was gonna swap the 96 front to the 94 but i passed a early 2000's kia sophia in a junk yard and the front had a striking resemblance to the 96 aspire and being how aspire and kia are related i was thinking that the front would be an almost direct fit on the aspire. Has anyone else tried or done this? If it would work i think it would look decent and be just a little diffrent others bein it says kia... Thanks!
PM
^
Glow_Mouse
 Posted: Oct 28 2017, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Aspire Rockstar

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 2

Well originally, Avellas, aspires and festiva gen2's were manufactured by kia and
rebadged before export so technically by all rights should fit. Of course no bumper
is a direct fit without some modifications. All I can say is take a few pics, overlay the
sophia over the spire and then do some cutting and fitting until it fits just right.

Other than that, all I can really say is good luck and share some pix when she's all
finished. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/joshers2.gif

--------------------
Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
.:: 1997 Aspire ::. - Revived Project - Glowspire
.:: 1998 Aspire ::. - Current Project - The Red Bean

user posted image
www.FordAspire.com - The World's #1 resource for aspire/avella & 2nd Gen Festiva
"Why Do you own so many bodykit parts?"
"I like to change the look of my car like i change underpants....everyday!"

Glowmouse's 97' Glowspire Build
Glowmouse's 98' Red Bean Build
My DIY Wing Conversion How-To
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll