Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Blurple95 -- yo, Dustin!
dustinp -- yo what up homies :horns
malti -- Hi Wacky, glad to see you back
wackychocolatefactory -- i did, new posts in that thread don't appear, but replies in other threads works lol
Glow_Mouse -- yes that is strange try reposting it

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» What's Your aspire's mpg ?
Racespire95
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 632

Rep: none

Awards: None

Kinda curious on what kinda mpg yall are getting on your aspires?
I was feeling good (or maby bad? Lol) other day and i filled my spire up! - i never fill anything up ima cheapskate haha- it took a whopping 7gallons i reset my trip and i got 140~150 miles on 1/2 tank (from full to half) which equals out to 28~30mpg which I'm happy with considering the aspire i was "testing" is the heffier of them all its my 1995 (obd1), 4door, auto, power steering, air conditioning and with a full size spare in trunk. So how poorly does mine compare?
PM
^
rmoltis
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

The Beast Slayer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 225

Rep: 0 pts
Snake Champion!

Both aspires when stock got 32mpg steady (every fillup) redlining every gear & doing 80-90mph on the freeway.
I always use premium gasoline. Last time i switched for 2 tanks to mid grade my mpg dropped to 28.

The days I drove with a feather light foot or drafting semi trucks I would get 41mpg.

Removing my resonator from the exhaust and straight piping a stock aspire dropped it to 28mpg.

After a tuned header & freer flowing full 2" exhaust system+adjustable fuel pressure regulator it dropped to 25 lol.
PM
^
Racespire95
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (rmoltis @ Feb 9 2018, 03:14 AM)
Both aspires when stock got 32mpg steady (every fillup) redlining every gear & doing 80-90mph on the freeway.
I always use premium gasoline.  Last time i switched for 2 tanks to mid grade my mpg dropped to 28.

The days I drove with a feather light foot or drafting semi trucks I would get 41mpg.

Removing my resonator from the exhaust and straight piping a stock aspire dropped it to 28mpg.

After a tuned header & freer flowing full 2" exhaust system+adjustable fuel pressure regulator it dropped to 25 lol.

So i guess im not doing so bad on mpg then haha but its funny you mentioned the exaughst i thought it was just my imagination when i had my vance&hines muffler on it it would idle rougher ,had little more pep but seemed like it was getting bad mileage
PM
^
Blurple95
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

un-Aspired :(

Group: Admin
Member No.: 16

Tetris Champion!

my 4 door auto got about 32mpg. Dang, I miss that car, even though my Fusion gets the same mileage

--------------------
I don't have an Aspire anymore, but I still love 'em!

President and founding member of the Leave 'Em Stock Society- L.E.S.S. is more!

FREE FordAspire.com decals on hold for now. I'll let you guys know when I get more...
PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Glow_Mouse
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Aspire Rockstar

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 2

My red bean gets about 600 K's to a full tank. We're different in Aus. It's Litres per 100km.
So I'll say it's 5 litres per 100 and it's a 30ltr tank. smile.gif It's not bad. smile.gif Not exactly hyper-miling but
it's still saving me money. smile.gif

The glowspire was getting like 8.5 litres per 100km but that thing was on steroids. tongue.gif laugh.gif
I miss her so much! sad.gif

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/likemoticon.png

--------------------
Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
.:: 1997 Aspire ::. - Revived Project - Glowspire
.:: 1998 Aspire ::. - Current Project - The Red Bean

user posted image
www.FordAspire.com - The World's #1 resource for aspire/avella & 2nd Gen Festiva
"Why Do you own so many bodykit parts?"
"I like to change the look of my car like i change underpants....everyday!"

Glowmouse's 97' Glowspire Build
Glowmouse's 98' Red Bean Build
My DIY Wing Conversion How-To
PM
^
rickbz28
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Awesome Member

Member No.: 175

1995 2 door 5 speed and I got 39.337 MPG on a tank today going from Evansville Indiana to home in Constantine Michigan.Car has over 450,000 miles on the engine and the original trans has been replaced with a Festiva 5 speed.In the summer have gotten over 50 MPG a couple times coming back from out west but must have had a bit of a tail wind. Normally gets 43 to 45 in the summer when we don't have to buy winter blend gas.
PMEmail Poster
^
malti
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Very Awesome Member

Member No.: 527

Well mine is a 1998 four door, it can average 40MPG on short trips and gives me 35 with AC on,
that is not bad, I love my Kia Avella.
PM
^
Racespire95
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Thoes are good numbers for mpg! Even tho i touched the 30mpg mark in my crown vic on a trip last summer haha but I just put my '97 2d 5spd back on the road i hope to get 35-40 out of it. Its stock except for the exaughst , its obd2 so i got a cheap obd2 bluetooth connecter that i can monitor realtime and average mpg so I'll have a relatively accurate # on that one
PM
^
Racespire95
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Finally got around to doing the mpg testing on the 97 its a 2door 5spd with ac and pretty much straight piped. Being its a 97 its obd2 so I purchased a obd2 bluetooth scanner that hooks up to my phone i set the parameters for the car (weight,cc, ect) to the app and at cruising speed 55 on the rural highway i take to work (Rt1 from md to pa) it reads 40mpg instant and 45 average but if i do the math with the gas gauge it works out to be 36mpg which i feel is accurate and great considering the hills, idle time warming up, and a few led foot runs to the firehouse for calls over the course of a tank of fuel. Next car to test is my festiva then the #racespire
PM
^
jbibb1
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Addicted to Aspires

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11

I usually average between 32-38mpg on my car but I drive the crap out of it. I have gotten 40mpg one time but I have no idea what I did different. All the rest are automatics and they usually get lower 30s

--------------------
Aint no sh*t like free sh*t
PMEmail Poster
^
Aspire94
 Posted: May 7 2018, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 360

4 door 5 speed manual 94...summer hwy 44 mpg
With wind even 50
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Engine and Drivetrain | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll