Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Glow_Mouse -- http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/notworthy.gif
Glow_Mouse -- I have restored several emoticons for use. They can be accessed as before during your posting. Click on them to add or add a " : " and the emoji name to display to save time.
Glow_Mouse -- Forum banner compettion has been restarted to allow for members to repost their images after the photobucket scandal. Get posting guys! The rules are pretty simple. Post your fave pics of your spire and the winner's spire will be shown as the new banner of the Forum! Plus you will also be awarded prizes such a Gold Star contributor's award and a 1500 additional posts! Get posting guys!
Glow_Mouse -- Local file manager.
Glow_Mouse -- Imageshack account for my pics but I do an upload to the forum

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Photobucket 3RD Party hosting, Pics and Vids here will now cost to add.
Glow_Mouse
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Aspire Rockstar

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 2

It appears that photobucket now requires a paid plan to allow 3rd part hosting. I believe this is ridiculous, however it is also apparent, sites like photobucket require upkeep for their domain names and therefore must be able to pay for it.

If any member decides that would like to switch to imageshack.us or another photo hosting website by all means do so. Until then, I would recommend finding a free hosting image provider and avoid photobucket for the time being. This is a damaging blow for the community but I will not deter the
members here from continuing their work.

I will see about contacting CometGSR to establish other options so we can keep our DIY section open and functioning as many members still use this part of the forum to explain and repair their own spires.

We will try and rectify this issue the best we can in the most effective and hassle free way possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~Glow_Mouse

--------------------
Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
.:: 1997 Aspire ::. - Revived Project - Glowspire
.:: 1998 Aspire ::. - Current Project - The Red Bean

user posted image
www.FordAspire.com - The World's #1 resource for aspire/avella & 2nd Gen Festiva
"Why Do you own so many bodykit parts?"
"I like to change the look of my car like i change underpants....everyday!"

Glowmouse's 97' Glowspire Build
Glowmouse's 98' Red Bean Build
My DIY Wing Conversion How-To
PM
^
Tdk420
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Very Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 585

Rep: none

Awards: None

I used the photobucket app to upload picks what other apps is everyone using to post thanks

--------------------
Tdk420
PM
^
Blurple95
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

un-Aspired :(

Member No.: 16

Tetris Champion!

I used to love PhotoBucket but its becoming a pain in the ###### to use. I have a paid account but it won't let me log in to access any pics anyway. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
I don't have an Aspire anymore, but I still love 'em!

President and founding member of the Leave 'Em Stock Society- L.E.S.S. is more!

FREE FordAspire.com decals on hold for now. I'll let you guys know when I get more...
PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Blurple95
 Posted: Aug 4 2017, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

un-Aspired :(

Member No.: 16

Tetris Champion!

Plus that particular fancy new plan is like 400 bucks a year. That's right folks. Your PhotoBucket pics are now being held hostage until you pay a hefty ransom

Time to kick the Bucket!

Edit: I have the plus 20 plan or something similar but most of my pics are still appearing. I don't know why they are acting like you gotta upgrade to the P500

--------------------
I don't have an Aspire anymore, but I still love 'em!

President and founding member of the Leave 'Em Stock Society- L.E.S.S. is more!

FREE FordAspire.com decals on hold for now. I'll let you guys know when I get more...
PMEmail PosterAOL
^
zoom zoom
 Posted: Aug 6 2017, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

Awesome Member

Member No.: 3

Rep: 5 pts
Hexxagon Champion!
Pacman Champion!
Simon Champion!

Awards: 1

They lost me several years ago when they tried to force me to use a "mobile friendly" version on my phone. It was glitchy for about a year and uploads failed, so I just stopped using them. Unfortunately I don't know of any other permanent hosting solutions....someone want to make a couple bil and start that for us? Free uploading and 3rd party hosting, make money off ad traffic?! haha you can do it! This seems to be a common problem across the boards.

--------------------
It's going to be Legend......waiiit for iiit.......I hope your not lactose intolerant because the next word is.......DARY!

user posted image

New Members ¤ Post Pictures ¤ Technical Questions?

2003 Ford Ranger- keeper, was my moms
2004 Ford Taurus- rescue/DD, sold
2008 Kia Rio- new beater, still drive the aspire!!!
1987 F-150- brought back to life, fishing truck/boat hauler!
1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun bike, sold
1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD, sold
2003 Predator 90- PuddleJumper, kids killed it dead
1997 Aspire- Peaspire, R&R, sold
1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD, given to cousin
1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord, sold
1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP
PM
^
Glow_Mouse
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Aspire Rockstar

Member No.: 14

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 2

Well according to several news sources, photobucket's attempt to hold members to ransom
by not allowing them to even download their albums (trust me i've tried) is now creating a
huge legal spat over rights to ownership and copyright regarding intellectual property and also
price gouging based on their original mission statement and I quote from the search engine;

"Photobucket
photobucket.com/
Sign up for Photobucket to safely store and upload your photos from your desktop or mobile device. We offer a variety of plans to fit your photo storage needs."

However this contradicts itself as many of their user base are crying foul saying their photos are no
longer safe as they cannot even remove them without deleting them unless they download each
image separately. As I have 19 pages of Spire' history it would take several hours to retrieve my
imagery.

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/picard_90b54.png

So now I'm using Imageshack and their costs are far lower and more affordable. You get a 30 day
trial then you have to pay about 19 bucks US to continue using it. As I find this fair, I have no issues
with that price. As for the emoticons for the site, I'm having to download each one by one and
re-upload it as a piece of software for the forum into its parent directory file manager. Again, this
takes a long time as we used to have 50+ emoticons that were broken by photobucket, but I'm in
the stage of restoring some of the old ones and introducing a bunch of new ones. smile.gif

So be patient as I attend these repairs. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about existing
member's images as they are responsible for their own file sharing accounts.

Sorry guys but I can only do so much, the rest is up to everyone else to restore their own pictures.
As one more piece of advice I can give for our members, I'd suggest that everyone start hosting
their spire pics from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Imageshack or Tinypic (If it's still around) to
avoid anymore image drama for the forum.

~Mouse

--------------------
Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
.:: 1997 Aspire ::. - Revived Project - Glowspire
.:: 1998 Aspire ::. - Current Project - The Red Bean

user posted image
www.FordAspire.com - The World's #1 resource for aspire/avella & 2nd Gen Festiva
"Why Do you own so many bodykit parts?"
"I like to change the look of my car like i change underpants....everyday!"

Glowmouse's 97' Glowspire Build
Glowmouse's 98' Red Bean Build
My DIY Wing Conversion How-To
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | News & Announcements | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll