Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Glow_Mouse -- Hope they are doing well. It's pretty scary stuff. Check in with us, let us know how yall are gettin on.
Blurple95 -- are all of our Texas and Florida peeps OK?
malti -- nice job GM
Glow_Mouse -- http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/notworthy.gif
Glow_Mouse -- I have restored several emoticons for use. They can be accessed as before during your posting. Click on them to add or add a " : " and the emoji name to display to save time.

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Bought two cars in 2016 !
CometGSR
 Posted: Dec 29 2016, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Awards: 2

Hello all, I know it has been awhile. Other projects and work has really taken a toll on my time. I had quite a bit of car things happen in 2016.

Attached Image

My poor 2011 Ford Fiesta SES, that I bought right off the truck in early 2011, was rear ended with my 16 year old daughter driving it. She just got her license and a month later, a Chevy Malibu rear ended her. She was okay, but the car had $6500 in damage. It didn't take long for the insurance company to total it. Last I heard, it sold at auction and will be checking online to see where it ends up.

Attached Image

So I went out looking for a Mazda 3 because I thought it was a good car for a teenager. We ended up with a loaded 2011 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring with all the toys. It has a 2.5L and it is fast! I didn't want to buy a grandma car for her, so this fits the bill. Has 77K on it and the price was pretty good.

Attached Image

This 2015 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid was my car to replace the Fiesta. It has a 2.0L 4 and an electric motor. This car is smooth and is a pleasure to drive to work. Fairly quick off the line but no rocket. I only have to fill the gas tank twice a month and get about 600 miles on a full tank in the summer.

The Thunderbird spent a lot of the summer broken because of my lack of time. This summer, I will be fixing the wheel bearings and doing some kind of wheel/tire project. I am debating if I am going with 15" rims again or getting new rims for the 16".

What do you think?

Attached 3 File(s)
PMEmail Poster
^
zoom zoom
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Awesome Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Rep: 5 pts
Hexxagon Champion!
Pacman Champion!
Simon Champion!

Awards: 1

Haha 600 miles per tank! That's great! I love the Mazda 3's. I was looking at one when I bought my Kia, the Kia won purely for the gas mileage and the price tag, instead of taking out a small loan I had enough to pay cash for the Kia with 78k miles. smile.gif

Good to hear from you, I haven't been active at all on here or any other car sites in the last year or so. Starting my own small business... I though it would be easy right, make your own hours, work from your own home/garage.. LMFAO... I haven't worked this many 16 hr days since my last job... but at least I am enjoying doing what I am doing now and I get to see the kids every day!

--------------------
It's going to be Legend......waiiit for iiit.......I hope your not lactose intolerant because the next word is.......DARY!

user posted image

New Members ¤ Post Pictures ¤ Technical Questions?

2003 Ford Ranger- keeper, was my moms
2004 Ford Taurus- rescue/DD, sold
2008 Kia Rio- new beater, still drive the aspire!!!
1987 F-150- brought back to life, fishing truck/boat hauler!
1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun bike, sold
1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD, sold
2003 Predator 90- PuddleJumper, kids killed it dead
1997 Aspire- Peaspire, R&R, sold
1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD, given to cousin
1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord, sold
1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Other Makes/Models | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll