Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Glow_Mouse -- Update: Hey guys! COTM is back on! There will be a prize +500 posts added to your current count and a Special Trophy award which will be added to your profile to let everyone know you won COTM! Enter to win!
Glow_Mouse -- Maintenance Update 22/6/18: Fixed a couple more bugs in the system, Reordered forum categories, Added a Site Feedback section (Sorry one thread only) to keep all feedback within one thread, did repairs on other forums and adjusted the regional forums to include Asia, Adjusted the General Forum description to include Kia Avellas.
Glow_Mouse -- It would appear, photobucket has restored 3rd party hosting. Most of the forum's imagery has returned. Check it out!
Glow_Mouse -- Maintenance Update 5/6/18: Fixed a bug in the Featured Forums that prevented users post from appearing.
Blurple95 -- yo, Dustin!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Will Kia sophia bumper/grill fit aspire?....
Racespire95
 Posted: Oct 25 2017, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 632

Rep: none

Awards: None

As the title says i was curious if an kia sophia bumper /grill would fit on an aspire? ... A little background to this thought, i got a 1994 aspire with a cracked bumper i also got a 1996 parts car which has the redesigned grill & headlights so i was gonna swap the 96 front to the 94 but i passed a early 2000's kia sophia in a junk yard and the front had a striking resemblance to the 96 aspire and being how aspire and kia are related i was thinking that the front would be an almost direct fit on the aspire. Has anyone else tried or done this? If it would work i think it would look decent and be just a little diffrent others bein it says kia... Thanks!
PM
^
Glow_Mouse
 Posted: Oct 28 2017, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Aspire Rockstar

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 3

Well originally, Avellas, aspires and festiva gen2's were manufactured by kia and
rebadged before export so technically by all rights should fit. Of course no bumper
is a direct fit without some modifications. All I can say is take a few pics, overlay the
sophia over the spire and then do some cutting and fitting until it fits just right.

Other than that, all I can really say is good luck and share some pix when she's all
finished. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/joshers2.gif

--------------------
Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
.:: 1997 Aspire ::. - Revived Project - Glowspire
.:: 1998 Aspire ::. - Current Project - The Red Bean

user posted image
www.FordAspire.com - The World's #1 resource for aspire/avella & 2nd Gen Festiva
"Why Do you own so many bodykit parts?"
"I like to change the look of my car like i change underpants....everyday!"

Glowmouse's 97' Glowspire Build
Glowmouse's 98' Red Bean Build
My DIY Wing Conversion How-To
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll