Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Glow_Mouse -- C'mon guys! Get your COTM entries in for this month to win the grand prize of 500+ posts to your count and the Official COTM winner's trophy! Best car wins!
Glow_Mouse -- Update: Hey guys! COTM is back on! There will be a prize +500 posts added to your current count and a Special Trophy award which will be added to your profile to let everyone know you won COTM! Enter to win!
Glow_Mouse -- Maintenance Update 22/6/18: Fixed a couple more bugs in the system, Reordered forum categories, Added a Site Feedback section (Sorry one thread only) to keep all feedback within one thread, did repairs on other forums and adjusted the regional forums to include Asia, Adjusted the General Forum description to include Kia Avellas.
Glow_Mouse -- It would appear, photobucket has restored 3rd party hosting. Most of the forum's imagery has returned. Check it out!
Glow_Mouse -- Maintenance Update 5/6/18: Fixed a bug in the Featured Forums that prevented users post from appearing.

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» What's Your aspire's mpg ?
Racespire95
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 632

Rep: none

Awards: None

Kinda curious on what kinda mpg yall are getting on your aspires?
I was feeling good (or maby bad? Lol) other day and i filled my spire up! - i never fill anything up ima cheapskate haha- it took a whopping 7gallons i reset my trip and i got 140~150 miles on 1/2 tank (from full to half) which equals out to 28~30mpg which I'm happy with considering the aspire i was "testing" is the heffier of them all its my 1995 (obd1), 4door, auto, power steering, air conditioning and with a full size spare in trunk. So how poorly does mine compare?
PM
^
rmoltis
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

The Beast Slayer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 225

Rep: 0 pts
Snake Champion!

Awards: 1

Both aspires when stock got 32mpg steady (every fillup) redlining every gear & doing 80-90mph on the freeway.
I always use premium gasoline. Last time i switched for 2 tanks to mid grade my mpg dropped to 28.

The days I drove with a feather light foot or drafting semi trucks I would get 41mpg.

Removing my resonator from the exhaust and straight piping a stock aspire dropped it to 28mpg.

After a tuned header & freer flowing full 2" exhaust system+adjustable fuel pressure regulator it dropped to 25 lol.
PM
^
Racespire95
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (rmoltis @ Feb 9 2018, 03:14 AM)
Both aspires when stock got 32mpg steady (every fillup) redlining every gear & doing 80-90mph on the freeway.
I always use premium gasoline.  Last time i switched for 2 tanks to mid grade my mpg dropped to 28.

The days I drove with a feather light foot or drafting semi trucks I would get 41mpg.

Removing my resonator from the exhaust and straight piping a stock aspire dropped it to 28mpg.

After a tuned header & freer flowing full 2" exhaust system+adjustable fuel pressure regulator it dropped to 25 lol.

So i guess im not doing so bad on mpg then haha but its funny you mentioned the exaughst i thought it was just my imagination when i had my vance&hines muffler on it it would idle rougher ,had little more pep but seemed like it was getting bad mileage
PM
^
Blurple95
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

un-Aspired :(

Group: Admin
Member No.: 16

Tetris Champion!

Awards: 2

my 4 door auto got about 32mpg. Dang, I miss that car, even though my Fusion gets the same mileage

--------------------
I don't have an Aspire anymore, but I still love 'em!

President and founding member of the Leave 'Em Stock Society- L.E.S.S. is more!

FREE FordAspire.com decals on hold for now. I'll let you guys know when I get more...
PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Glow_Mouse
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Aspire Rockstar

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 3

My red bean gets about 600 K's to a full tank. We're different in Aus. It's Litres per 100km.
So I'll say it's 5 litres per 100 and it's a 30ltr tank. smile.gif It's not bad. smile.gif Not exactly hyper-miling but
it's still saving me money. smile.gif

The glowspire was getting like 8.5 litres per 100km but that thing was on steroids. tongue.gif laugh.gif
I miss her so much! sad.gif

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/aspire/likemoticon.png

--------------------
Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
.:: 1997 Aspire ::. - Revived Project - Glowspire
.:: 1998 Aspire ::. - Current Project - The Red Bean

user posted image
www.FordAspire.com - The World's #1 resource for aspire/avella & 2nd Gen Festiva
"Why Do you own so many bodykit parts?"
"I like to change the look of my car like i change underpants....everyday!"

Glowmouse's 97' Glowspire Build
Glowmouse's 98' Red Bean Build
My DIY Wing Conversion How-To
PM
^
rickbz28
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Awesome Member

Member No.: 175

1995 2 door 5 speed and I got 39.337 MPG on a tank today going from Evansville Indiana to home in Constantine Michigan.Car has over 450,000 miles on the engine and the original trans has been replaced with a Festiva 5 speed.In the summer have gotten over 50 MPG a couple times coming back from out west but must have had a bit of a tail wind. Normally gets 43 to 45 in the summer when we don't have to buy winter blend gas.
PMEmail Poster
^
malti
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Very Awesome Member

Member No.: 527

Well mine is a 1998 four door, it can average 40MPG on short trips and gives me 35 with AC on,
that is not bad, I love my Kia Avella.
PM
^
Racespire95
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Thoes are good numbers for mpg! Even tho i touched the 30mpg mark in my crown vic on a trip last summer haha but I just put my '97 2d 5spd back on the road i hope to get 35-40 out of it. Its stock except for the exaughst , its obd2 so i got a cheap obd2 bluetooth connecter that i can monitor realtime and average mpg so I'll have a relatively accurate # on that one
PM
^
Racespire95
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Finally got around to doing the mpg testing on the 97 its a 2door 5spd with ac and pretty much straight piped. Being its a 97 its obd2 so I purchased a obd2 bluetooth scanner that hooks up to my phone i set the parameters for the car (weight,cc, ect) to the app and at cruising speed 55 on the rural highway i take to work (Rt1 from md to pa) it reads 40mpg instant and 45 average but if i do the math with the gas gauge it works out to be 36mpg which i feel is accurate and great considering the hills, idle time warming up, and a few led foot runs to the firehouse for calls over the course of a tank of fuel. Next car to test is my festiva then the #racespire
PM
^
jbibb1
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Addicted to Aspires

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11

I usually average between 32-38mpg on my car but I drive the crap out of it. I have gotten 40mpg one time but I have no idea what I did different. All the rest are automatics and they usually get lower 30s

--------------------
Aint no sh*t like free sh*t
PMEmail Poster
^
Aspire94
 Posted: May 7 2018, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 360

4 door 5 speed manual 94...summer hwy 44 mpg
With wind even 50
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Engine and Drivetrain | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll